Monday 13 February 2012

Just a quick update

Well it's been awhile since my last post. Thought I better get the blogging ball rolling. Hopefully now things have settled down I can get into some sort of routine.

Since I started driving, just before christmas. I've had runs into Arizona, California, Idaho, Nebraska, followed by four successive trips across the Trans Canadian Highway - between Brampton, Ontario and various places in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Followed by a trip in the other direction to Vancouver, British Columbia.

I'm currently sat at the Flying J truckstop in Barstow, California. Loaded with beef to be delivered in Vernon, CA in the morning.

I've been as high as 6600ft and as low as 100ft below sea level. In temperatures as high as 26c and as low as -41c. Covering 24418 miles in 8 weeks. Thats 3052.25 miles per week on average. It could have been quite a bit more but for breakdowns, weather, waiting for loads, road closures, customs not being pre-notified of loads properly and of course........those pesky resets!

All in all its been quite a busy and eventful, first couple of months. But I have some time off coming up soon. My wife Sandra is coming out here to have a look around for a couple of weeks, and it will be good to have some company for a while.

Once I get delivered in Vernon I need to take a reset. So if I can find an internet connection I should be able to write some more. For now it's time for bed. 4am start tomorrow!

I hate mornings!!!

1 comment:

Julia Robertson said...

Hang in there. Can't be a lot of fun being away from your family but, remember why you are doing all this and it might make those mornings a little easier to handle :) You're doing great!

yasmin lawsuit