Saturday 31 December 2011

2011

I'm currently sat in my truck at the Flying J truckstop in calgary. Waiting for the present to become the past, the future to become today. In around 3 hours it will be New Years Day in England. I will be talking to my family online as Big Ben chimes in the new year (thank you skype). Hopefully the connection wont be to busy!

Since this is the 1st post 'proper' of this blog and it is new years eve, I've taken the opportunity to reflect a little on my own feelings of the last year. Hopefully the blogging will become more frequent, as will the photo uploads now that I'm settling into a kind of routine.

I wish you all the very best for the new year.

Speak again soon!!

Nick




"First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do."
          Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD) 


Its been an 'eventful' and at times very emotional year for me. Lots of up's and downs. Starting with job interviews and planning for emigration. Finding family I never knew I had. Losing family members that - although I never got the chance to meet them - played a major part in my life and in ways only Freud could fathom, helped to make me who I am. There have been births, deaths, marriages, meeting and parting with friends and family. Then at the end of the year I find myself having to leave behind those that mean the most to me in order to - eventually - improve the lives of myself and my family.

I knew before I set out that there would be hard times ahead. I knew that between these hard times there'd be amazing experience's to be had and that the end result will make those dark times seem all worth while. But during those dark times it can be extremely difficult to believe that what your putting yourself and your family through, can be worth it. Especially at this time of year.

I know the time approaches, at which my family will be joining me out here. That things will become easier as the time draws nearer. But its going to be tough until then.





2 comments:

Julia Robertson said...

Hang in there, sometimes its hard to see the way forward when times are tough, you just have to remember why you are there working so hard :) I really admire your courage.

Mick Flynn Images said...

You will reap the rewards for your family after all the hardship.Hang in there.
Drive safe.

yasmin lawsuit